12 Ways to Bring You Hope
The most successful and happy people know where to find hope
Life has its ups and downs and sometimes it brings more slumps. In those stages, the most successful and happy people know where to uncover hope. So ask yourself: What brings you hope?
WHAT IS HOPE?
According to the dailymeditation.com, "To be hopeful is to look on the future positively, to see opportunity in challenges (rather than challenges in opportunities), to look on the bright side of life.” Hope is an optimistic state of mind based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large. As a verb, its definitions include: "expect with confidence" and "to cherish a desire with anticipation."
As summarized by Psychology Today: "In 1991, the eminent positive psychologist Charles R. Snyder and his colleagues came up with Hope Theory. The person who has hope has the will and determination that goals will be achieved, and a set of different strategies at their disposal to reach their goals. "
WHY IS HOPE IMPORTANT?
As summarized in this article, hope:
- Motivates positive actions that will lead to positive results
- Is a natural stress reliever
- Helps strengthen the immune system
- Improves social relationships (you’ll get more friend being an optimist)
- Makes you happy
- Broadens and builds your mind
Research, as summarized in Psychology Today, confirms hope is related to positive outcomes. Studies show that hope is related to academic achievement and professional success.
Hope allows people to approach problems with a mindset and strategy-set suitable to success, thereby increasing the chances they will accomplish their goals.
WHAT BRINGS YOU HOPE?
Here are 12 things that bring people hope:
- The dawning of a new day
- Nature and gardening (plant a seed and watch it grow)
- The pursuit of passionate purpose, as well as its achievement, that provides a sense of meaning and reward
- Joyful and playful sounds and sights of children and people of all ages
- Experiencing the best the world has to offer: music, art, beauty, dancing, singing, learning, creativity, innovation, and knowledge
- Choice, freedom, and free-will (I have the ability to change the situation.)
- History (I have done it before, so I know I can do it again.)
- Connections with proper, positive people, a higher power, and the web of life
- Regeneration in all forms as stimulated by breathing, sleep, meditation, prayer, spirit, impermanence, and quiet
- Witnessing or experiencing acts of love, goodness, and kindness
- Sense of competence. Positive feedback on an idea.
- Sense of progress toward a goal.
Inevitably, life has its ups and downs. Hope carries us through. The most successful and happy people know where to find hope. What brings you hope? Know and nurture it.