Local Architects Receive Honors from AIA Colorado
Each of the winners shows dedication to achieving quality design and the built environment
The American Institute of Architects (AIA), Colorado announced the 2017 AIA Colorado Honor Award winners during the annual gala in Denver Friday, August 18, recognizing firms and individual professionals who are setting examples in both design and leadership.
“The Honor Awards are a representation of the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and expertise in our industry," says Cathy Rosset, executive vice president/CEO of AIA Colorado. "Each of this year’s winners is not only dedicated to achieving quality design of the built environment, but to elevating the profession of architecture for generations to come."
The 2017 Colorado Award winners include:
- Leadership Award (posthumously awarded) – Karen Lee Walker Harris, AIA
- Twenty-Five Year Award – 1999 Broadway – Denver. (Architect: C.W. Fentress and Associates, PC)
- Associate Member of the Year Award – Rob Hollis, Associate AIA
- Young Firm of the Year Award – Echo Architecture – Colorado Springs.
- Young Architect of the Year Award – Steev Wilson, AIA of Forum Phi Architecture – Aspen.
- Firm of the Year Award – Anderson Mason Dale Architects – Denver.
- Architect of the Year Award – Scott Lindenau, FAIA of Studio B Architecture + Interiors – Aspen.
The 2017 AIA Colorado Honor Awards Jury was comprised of three individuals: Gregory M. Friesen, FAIA of CSNA Barrett, FAIA of Barrett Studio Architects in Boulder, and Maria Cole, AIA of gkkworks in Denver. Architects in Colorado Springs. (2017 Jury Chair), David
Celebrating its 125th Anniversary this year, AIA Colorado is the voice of the architectural profession in Colorado. As a membership organization for architects, those working towards licensure and allied industry professionals, AIA Colorado provides education, advocacy and resources for its members and tools for the public to find and work with architects. With more than 2,300 members statewide, AIA Architects are dedicated to the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, and performance. AIA Colorado is a state chapter of the national American Institute of Architects.