The greatest goods – Made in Colorado 2017
10 iconic products exemplify the stellar state of tangible brand building
Spacecraft built here have traveled all over the solar system. Back on Earth, people have enjoyed billions of cups of Sleepytime Tea and more than 1 billion pints of Fat Tire Amber Ale. People have cursed the parking gods after finding their car immobilized by a Colorado-made Denver Boot, and thanked everybody and their mother after receiving a Ridgway-made Grammy Award.
It's a brand that carries value. Simply, put, the state is an incredible launch pad for manufacturers in a host of industries.
Click below to see the goods Made in Colorado.
- Backyard laboratory makes Moots Cycles a success story
- Enstrom Candies makes millions of pounds of toffee
- Trendsetting New Belgium blazed the craft beer trail
- Century-old Denver Tent Company keeps quality top of mind
- Colorado roots extend to Mars, thanks to Lockheed Martin
- Leopold Bros. goes the extra mile to craft its spirits
- Artist makes Grammy Awards in Ridgway
- Celestial Seasonings learns consistency leads to loyalty
- Schacht Spindle nears 50 Years of Boulder-made looms
- The Denver Boot: Maybe the most hated Colorado-made good
The 2017 MIC class represents locally made tangible goods you can ride, play, taste and touch – reflective of the place we call home and the romance of "the Rocky Mountain West," says Chuck Sullivan of Something Independent, a convener of Colorado entrepreneurs. Whether honored for their ethics or inventiveness, these companies have launched businesses, products and cultures that are “built to last,” Sullivan says. "They are collaborative but with a competitive drive that sets them apart from the pack. There’s a respect, appreciation and alignment of the product and the people,” Sullivan says of ColoradoBiz magazine's Made in Colorado companies.
- MOST ETHICAL MANUFACTURER
- MOST INNOVATIVE MANUFACTURER
- FOOD & BEVERAGE BRAND OF THE YEAR
- EMERGING MANUFACTURER OF THE YEAR
- TOP DESIGNED GOODS