The UCCS Mini-MBA through the College of Business at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) offers professionals the opportunity to learn broad business concepts and skills in a relatively short timeframe -- perfect for gaining business essentials while balancing work and personal commitments. This non-degree 13-week program is for working or transitioning professionals who aspire to deliver more value within their career by developing business acumen and immediately applying newly gained knowledge and skills.
In the UCCS Mini-MBA, participants will learn current business theory, research, and best practices within an interactive learning environment. Participants will then immediately apply their new knowledge and skills in an ongoing capstone project. Drawing on evidence-based strategies and faculty expertise, this program provides unparalleled opportunities for growth and transformation.
Participants of the UCCS Mini-MBA will individually complete the program capstone project, $75K in 75 Days
. The project involves choosing and implementing a business strategy that will have a direct business impact of $75,000 within an organization in a 75 day timeframe. Program staff and faculty mentor participants through the project, ensuring successful outcomes. The project allows participants to implement newly acquired business concepts and skills, resulting in a business impact of at least $75,000. Participants will have 75 days from the last program session to implement the capstone project within their organization.
Timing & Important Dates
- Program sessions are held on a weekly basis, meeting one-time per week for 13 weeks
- Sessions are held on Tuesday evenings from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Fall 2018 program dates: September 11 - December 11
- Capstone project implementation timeframe (outside of classroom): December 12, 2018 - March 11, 2019
- Capstone program project due date: March 11, 2019
- Final program event -- Capstone project presentations and graduation: Week of March 19, 2019
Who Should Attend:
The UCCS Mini-MBA is intended for individuals who aspire to build a strong foundation in business skills in order to deliver more value within their career. The program is for individuals who do not necessarily have a business background. The UCCS Mini-MBA is recommended for those who are building their professional pathway and/or transitioning into a different career.
Additionally, those who are considering a graduate business degree (MBA) in the future would benefit from the program.
Participant Eligibility Requirements:
- Some college completed and/or equivalent professional training (i.e. technical, clinical, and/or military training)
- Working experience is required (minimum 3 years of experience)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
- Record of some supervisory and/or managerial responsibilities
- Aspiration to further build career