Posted: October 31, 2012
Habits of highly successful salespeople
How can you improve?Gary Harvey
Numerous articles and books have been written on habits of successful people. Overall, I think any habit that produces successful results and successful behaviors is worth exploring. Let’s examine an exercise I use as a sales coach for my clients that might, at the very minimum, help you start thinking about how your own habits impact your goal to be a more successful salesperson.
Spend a few minutes answering the questions below:
1. What are two habits that you’d like to improve?
a. Habit 1:
b. Habit 2:
2. Why did you select these habits?
3. What are these habits keeping you from achieving?
4. If you were at a ‘5’ on a scale of 1-10 for these habits, what would you be doing differently?
5. What do you think is keeping you from doing that?
6. What would be the payoff if you were able to develop these habits?
7. What will you do in the next two weeks to work on the two habits you listed in #1?
a. Habit 1 Action:
b. Habit 2 Action:
So the most important question to ask yourself now is, “Will I start a habit today of doing the habits necessary in the next two weeks to achieve my goals?"
Gary Harvey is the founder and president of Achievement Dynamics, LLC, a high performance sales training, coaching and development company for sales professionals, managers and business owners. His firm is consistently rated by the Sandler Training as one of the top 10 training centers in the world. He can be reached at 303-741-5200, or firstname.lastname@example.org.