@cobizmag on Twitter
Director of Portfolio Management
|Years of Experience
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of applicable education/experience.
• Minimum of five to seven years experience in Marketing with demonstrated experience/success in Product Marketing, including development and presentation of strategic business plans
• Three to five years cross-functional leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience defining, implementing and managing Professional Services is required
• Experience with Enterprise IT / Telecommunications LAN/WAN network operating environments and requirements is desired
• Customer LAN/WAN network operating environments; converged networking solutions including data, voice, security and business applications; technology; and industry with a specialty in Professional Services is required
• Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (preferably Microsoft Office) is required
• Knowledge of accepted standards and practices in telecom / IT Services industry or equivalent Marketing experience in another high-tech industry
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Team player with excellent presentation skills to all levels, including executive and board interactions
• High energy and ability to think thoroughly, respond quickly and proactively to competitive market conditions
• Highly motivated and self-driving
• Ability to manage change
• Think thoroughly; respond quickly and proactively to competitive market conditions
• Lead cross-functional teams
• Excellent prioritization skills with a focus on meeting/exceeding deadlines and delivering a Quality result
This is an excellent opportunity with a growing telecommunications company for a Director – Portfolio Management / Professional Services looking to take on a very strategic role in defining tactics. If this sounds like you, please read on and apply.
The Director – Portfolio Management/Professional Services is responsible for directing the definition, development and lifecycle management of tw telecom’s Professional Services. Within this strategic line of business, this leader is accountable for the achievement of company goals, business plan objectives and development timelines across tw telecom’s Advanced and Core Services creating a new services framework in the assessment, implementation and managing of customer’s LAN/WAN network operating environments.
You will lead business plan development and presentation for the portfolio, which includes overall strategy development and execution for market differentiation and competitive positioning. This strategy will drive corporate prioritization, cross-functional implementation and overall resource allocation across the corporation. This individual must be proficient at articulating the strategy and rationale to key internal and potentially external stakeholders.
You will establish and direct a strategic marketing plan, being proactive in realizing new revenue opportunities, taking corrective action as necessary and building a long-term sustainable operating model, including:
• Optimizing for revenue, capital and expenses
• Defining long-term & sustainable Strategy
• Communication of plan to all applicable organizations to ensure clear understanding of goals and objectives
• Setting priorities within the Portfolio
The right candidate will direct, oversee, and influence cross-functional and/or department teams/activities to ensure effective and efficient execution of strategic professional services initiatives.
You will develop and maintain productive relationships with senior leadership, peers and working teams to:
• Obtain/facilitate cooperation and support for strategic changes/initiatives
• Define business, customer, and partner requirements
• Direct/negotiate strategic partnerships supporting product development initiatives
• Enhance and support teamwork, cooperation, and exchange of information
Develop and delivery of project communications/status across the organization, including executive-level presentations, recommendations and decisions.
Obtains input to and confirmation of portfolio strategy through customer and analyst communities, including predictive unit/revenue modeling. Identifies requirements for primary and secondary research, assimilating data and evaluating findings into new product concepts and business plan development.
Directs the definition of core business requirements to support development and on-going management of the portfolio, including high-level systems requirements, high-level process flows and partner requirements.
Functions as internal industry subject matter expert for the portfolio, acquiring and maintaining wide range of most current industry knowledge.
How to apply