@cobizmag on Twitter
Head of Institutional Marketing
Janus is a global investment management firm with the trust and respect of more than four million shareholders, clients and institutions, and with more than $164 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2012). Our product offerings include investment strategies across fixed income, as well as growth, mathematical and value equities.
Janus has always been passionately inquisitive and independent in our pursuit to identify better investment opportunities for our clients. If there's one thing that we've uncovered throughout our 40 year history, it's that our unique culture of discipline and independence helps drive our clients' success. Janus is in business to help our investors achieve their financial goals and realize their dreams, and we believe the most effective way to do so is to work together to deliver strong, consistent long-term investment performance and exceptional service. We are deeply committed to our mission to deliver better outcomes for our clients through the disciplined pursuit of independent ideas.
Janus Capital Group
|Years of Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
- Strong understanding of the institutional sales process
- Strong understanding of financial marketplace and distribution process, including in-depth knowledge of how products are priced, packaged, and positioned across varying channels
- Strong business acumen with thorough understanding of asset management business
- Ability to achieve results through direct marketing efforts
- Knowledge of electronic distribution, collateral design, and collateral production process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to direct and influence others (outside direct reporting line) to execute against business channel goals
- Thorough understanding of FINRA compliance requirements
- Strong computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; presentation skills a must
The primary purpose of the Head of Institutional Marketing is to develop strategy designed to drive flows into our institutional business. This includes building out our institutional brand identity and clearly establishing what differentiates us in the marketplace. This position will oversee our corporate-wide process for building and merchandising our thought leadership platform. Additionally, this position will serve as the primary marketing contact for Janus and partner with Janus’ senior leadership team to build asset gathering and retention strategies for the Janus product platform. Finally, this position will be responsible for all institutional communications, collateral, and marketing support for our institutional sales, client relations and consultant relations team.
- Develop a fully integrated marketing strategy to effectively position our institutional business and institutional product platform across all mediums (presentations, collateral, the web, client-facing events, and written communications).
- Continue build-out of a distinct brand identity for our institutional business that establishes Janus as a strong institutional player and differentiates us in the marketplace; ensure that brand positioning is carried across all key mediums (print, web, speaking opportunities, and advertising).
- Partner with the Janus product management team and product marketing managers to build individual marketing strategies for each of our key institutional products; ensure that product positioning and key differentiators are carried consistently across all mediums.
- Drive out proactive marketing campaigns designed to gather assets in Janus products.
- Serve as primary marketing contact for the Janus strategies; collaborate with Janus’ executive and investment teams to develop marketing programs designed to attract assets across the Janus product platform.
- Partner with Janus to build launch strategies and execution plans for new products across the institutional and intermediary business channels.
- Partner with our Thought Leadership team to identify Janus thought leadership topics and also partner with the Client Portfolio Management team to generate thought leadership content, and packaging that content across key mediums (print, web, presentations, pod casts, etc.) and for specific audience groups (institutional and intermediary).
- Manage the institutional marketing team (3 direct reports).
- Fiscal responsibility over the Institutional Marketing budget and resource allocation.
- Align marketing resources (time, tools, budgets, people) for maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure channel marketing plans align with MS&I strategic priorities and complement Institutional business goals.
- Works closely with the broader marketing organization or outside vendor on the creation and execution of initiatives as required.
How to apply