@cobizmag on Twitter
Senior Accounting Supervisor
Archstone is a recognized leader in apartment operations with a portfolio concentrated in many of the most desirable neighborhoods in the nation. Our communities reside in Washington D.C., Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, New York, Seattle and Boston metropolitan areas, to name a few. Backed by industry-leading customer service guarantees, Archstone strives to provide great apartments and great service to our customers.
|Years of Experience
* Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field from four-year college or university; and three to five years accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrates commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
* Advanced situational judgment ability to know what is needed to satisfy the customer.
* Takes ownership to personally resolve customer problems (or find someone who can).
* Listens well, asks clarifying questions, and checks for agreement with customers.
* Committed to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
* Strong sense of accountability - ensures that you will do what you say that you are going to do.
* Creates a personal connection with customers smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.
* Coaches and mentors team to work together deliver outstanding customer service.
* Works with team to analyze common issues, dig for root causes, and adjust services or processes to prevent issues from occurring in the future.
* Basic MS Word skills.
* Intermediate Excel skills.
* Basic PeopleSoft or related ERP software skills.
Why Youd Want This Job
* Great opportunities for advancement with a well-respected national company
* Excellent benefits, including comprehensive health care, 401(k) with company match and rent discounts
* Paid vacation and 11 paid holidays, including Martin Luther King Day and Presidents Day
* Upscale work environment
* Culture that respects work-life balance
* Fun group of people in a real team atmosphere
Supervises and coordinates activities of Accounting staff by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate staff.
* Monitors day-to-day operations of the team; reviews staffs work, i.e. account summaries and reconciliations.
* Prepares financial information in accordance with regulatory or other requirements, as required to meet internal and/or external reporting needs.
* Prepares and/or reviews financial information for internal and external auditors.
* Prepares reconciliations for more subjective and/or complex accounting activity.
* Assists Manager in identifying opportunities for process improvement.
* Communicates with external auditors and assists in the audit coordination process.
* Researches accounting discrepancies and determines appropriate corrections.
* Researches and responds to more involved customer inquiries.
* Interprets and analyzes financial results for reasonableness.
* Prepares periodic reporting calendar.
* Prepares and records journal entries for non-routine accounting activity.
* Participates and contributes to special project teams including various ad hoc accounting assignments.
* Assists in the development and documentation of Accounting control procedures.
* Maintains financial systems setups and report layouts including financial spreadsheet models.
* Communicates financial policies and procedures to field operations staff.
* Communicates project status and results to Project Manager.
* Directly supervises Accountant Is and IIs. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
How to apply
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at ArchstoneApartments.com.
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
Please mention you found this job listed on bizJOBS
Summer is a difficult time for job-seeking. Given the fact that some employers slow down their hiring, there areBy Nicole Nago-Heckers
No matter how good you are, sometimes you hit major a crossroad in your career, find yourself with significant changeBy Dan King
(Editor's note: This is the third of three parts. Read Part 1 and Part 2.) Here are specific methods and instructionsBy Timothy LaMacchio
Did you know that you have a less than 1 in 500 chance of getting a job through the sending of anBy John Heckers
(Editor's note: This is the second of three parts. Read Part One.) Looking at the six conditions of jobBy Timothy LaMacchio