@cobizmag on Twitter
VP of Marketing
Running Specialty Group (RSG), headquartered in Denver, Colorado, is a newly formed company focusing on building a national network of individual specialty running stores, and e-commerce sales via a new running web site, Run.com.
Running Specialty Group
|Years of Experience
Qualifications & Requirements
Minimum of 12 years of executive marketing, and consumer engagement experience, with an emphasis on marketing leadership and channel revenue generation
MBA a plus
Must possess practical marketing experience in a sales-driven organization with previous experience within promotional marketing and advertising/brand management.
Must have a history of creating and executing winning corporate marketing strategies. Ideal candidate will have experience nurturing and projecting a unique brand in every aspect of marketing.
Work experience within a fast-paced start-up organization required.
Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of current web marketing best practices with in-depth understanding of SEM, SEO, email, affiliate and social media marketing. Strong customer focus with success in driving customer satisfaction feedback and reporting
Ability to be flexible and shift priorities to meet company and brand objectives.
Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills with the ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization.
Ability to research and analyze data to identify trends, with the ability to recommend strategic solutions based upon those trends.
Technical knowledge of media planning, and creative development and production.
Qualified candidate must be willing to travel extensively to multiple retail store location across the country
Must have a personal passion for running/fitness and be immersed in the culture of running activities; strong consideration given to candidates experienced with running, fitness or athletic related industries
Strong verbal and written communication skills, experience in establishing professional and well organized communications with partner organizations, stakeholders, community and business leaders
Strong representational and public speaking skills
Excellent organizational skills, effective time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
As a key member of the RSG Leadership Team, this individual will lead the development, execution, measurement, and evaluation of all integrated marketing mix functions that drive revenue generation at lowest costs and highest efficiency in multiple channels.
1. Brand Development
Work with the Leadership Team to define RSG’s unified brand position, “voice”, role, and identities, and continually communicate to all stakeholders.
1. Develop objectives, creative brief and evaluation criteria for branding process
2. Dimensionally chart key competitors based upon brand and market position attributes
3. Conduct interviews with key personnel including staff, influencers, and key customers
4. Develop Brand briefing document and educate all stakeholders
5. Consistently manage, monitor, and measure all brand communications.
2. Market Planning
Identifying Success Factors and key Strategic Drivers, candidate will lead the development, budgeting, finalization, execution, and evaluation of RSG’s integrated Marketing Plan.
1. Conduct market analysis to define and evaluate opportunities worth exploiting
2. Identify strategic and customer purchase drivers
3. Determine Success Factors
4. Develop Brand and Tactical creative tied to a national and local Media and Outreach Plan
5. Develop Publicity and Promotional plan and calendar
3. Relationship Marketing
Develop and implement integrated Customer Targeting, Acquisition, and Retention Plan that offers a quantitative, information-based platform for a superior return on investment designed to work across the entire RSG enterprise.
1. Work closely with the Retail Marketing Manager/Consumer Engagement to drive local sales by way of community outreach events (runs and marathons).
2. Conduct current customer analysis to assist in segmentation and predictive statistical modeling.
3. Organize and score relational customer profiles according to the segmentation models.
4. Create enterprise-wide data capture, mining, and usage platform to be utilized across multiple delivery channels (direct mail, email, loyalty statements).
5. Insure data security control and compliance.
Translate RSG’s corporate and brand objectives into an integrated, effective promotional strategy to drive traffic, revenue, and return on investment.
1. Develop, budget, deploy, and measure RSG’s promotional calendar.
2. Define objectives both enterprise-wide and within individual outlets.
3. Determine dependencies required for success.
4. Develop individual promotional components.
5. Create and deploy each promotion according to calendar.
5. Partnership/Affiliate Marketing
Identify, evaluate, and prioritize national and local partnerships and affiliations that support increases in brand equity and qualified traffic to RSG’s business units.
1. Develop scorecard criteria for the evaluation of possible candidates that drive brand equity and revenue potential.
2. Review national and local market opportunities aligned to company and brand objectives, and prioritize according to return on investment.
3. Work with the Leadership team on the creation and deployment/execution of programming activation.
4. Measure and constantly evaluate performance metrics.
6. Marketing Function Organization
Working with the Leadership team, VP Marketing will leverage Success Factors and Business Objectives to identify and budget for the internal and external staffing requirements for the marketing function.
How to apply
Please mention you found this job listed on bizJOBS
No matter how good you are, sometimes you hit major a crossroad in your career, find yourself with significant changeBy Dan King
(Editor's note: This is the third of three parts. Read Part 1 and Part 2.) Here are specific methods and instructionsBy Timothy LaMacchio
Did you know that you have a less than 1 in 500 chance of getting a job through the sending of anBy John Heckers
(Editor's note: This is the second of three parts. Read Part One.) Looking at the six conditions of jobBy Timothy LaMacchio
"Do you surf?" I asked a room full of business professionals during a recent presentation on the power of reputationBy Lida Citroën
From the Denver Post
- $85 million Triangle Building to be built near Union Station
- Florida REIT CNL is selling resort villages, including Copper Mountain
- Colorado settles with Penguin to resolve e-book price-fixing dispute
- Tesla uses stock, note sale to repay government
- Denver judge closes foreclosure; law's fate rests in federal court