Only at Cobizmag.com
Money, mind-set and the mess we're in
Businesses based on "got to get mine" motives - from Enron to Bernie Madoff - often achieve huge profits in the short-term, but eventually prove unsustainable. But businesses - and the people behind them - grounded in the principles of sufficiency can bet on success.
By Stephen Koenisberg
Massage therapy goes to the dogs
I've never paid for a massage for myself, let alone one for my dog, so when a flyer arrived in my mailbox announcing this new service, I initially viewed it as a case of extreme anthropomorphism.
By Mike Taylor
Capitalizing on core values
Boulder-based Dynamic Materials Corp. and Highlands Ranch-based Educational Sales Management were honored Wednesday at the Association for Corporate Growth's Rocky Mountain Corporate Growth Conference.
By Mary Butler
From the March issue
The economist: Rethinking Russia's importance on the global stage
Russia is a one-industry economy, and it's reeling from the impact of $40 per barrel oil. The ruble is in decline. Greed and the lack of a moral infrastructure, the "Russian disease," are exacerbating the problems.
By Tucker Hart Adams
Our most popular stories
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here. The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce and ColoradoBiz are hosting a reception for the companies that make the rankings, 5 to 6 p.m., April 30 at the Seawell Ballroom, 1101 13th St., Denver. Following the reception, the companies are invited to attend the annual Athena Award Gala at a discounted rate. For more information contact email@example.com, (303)458-0220.
On ColoradoBiz TV
How climate change is driving entrepreneurship
Graham Russell of CORE Colorado talks about the upcoming Sustainable Opportunities Summit March 17 to March 19.
Building your brand to snag the job
Smooch Repovich Reynolds, of The Repovich-Reynolds Group, on executive recruiting, reinventing your personal career brand, and the importance of curiosity in communication.
Hot Biz Deals
- Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa's Spring Snowfall Savings offer gives guests who book Sunday through Thursday a 10 percent discount on room rates for each night of their stay plus an additional percentage based on daily snowfall - now through April 19. For more information, call (866) 476-0700 or visit www.vailmountainlodge.com.
- Warwick Denver Hotel is offering two special packages for meeting planners. Contact the hotel at (303) 832-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering ColoradoBiz readers 40 percent off until Mar.15. Use discount code: "cobiz40" and view our properties at: www.SummitCove.com.
- KBCO has relaunched its "I Ski with KBCO" promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com.