Only at Cobizmag.com
Stop trashing meetings and incentives travel: It brings ROI
Negative press screams of squandering CEOs, but the truth is meetings and incentive travel brings ROI, and the same metrics used to quantify other business expenses ought to be used to quantify meeting and incentive travel.
By Robert Polk
More ugly: Worst quarterly performance since '82
Forecasting economists were surprised in very late January when the U.S. Commerce Department announced that the U.S. gross domestic product declined at a 3.8 percent real -- after inflation -- annual rate.
By Jeff Thredgold
How to keep old office furniture out of landfills
Kathey Pear, a longtime Colorado-based furniture dealer, founded FACILITYcycle.com to help match businesses, nonprofits and others getting rid of office furnishings with those who need it.
By Dan Ray
From the March issue
Sports biz: Broomfield's dream deferred
With its professional teams failing to fill the building and losses mounting, the Broomfield Event Center is on the ropes.
By Stewart Schley
Our most popular stories
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here. The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce and ColoradoBiz are hosting a reception for the companies that make the rankings, 5 to 6 p.m., April 30 at the Seawell Ballroom, 1101 13th St., Denver. Following the reception, the companies are invited to attend the annual Athena Award Gala at a discounted rate. For more information contact email@example.com, (303)458-0220.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Building your brand to snag the job
Smooch Repovich Reynolds, of The Repovich-Reynolds Group, on executive recruiting, reinventing your personal career brand, and the importance of curiosity in communication.
Gov. Bill Ritter on the state of Colorado's real estate industry
Gov. Bill Ritter talks about what the state has been hearing from economic experts: we won't see the bottom until late in 2009 and possibly not until 2010.
Hot Biz Deals
- Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa's Spring Snowfall Savings offer gives guests who book Sunday through Thursday a 10 percent discount on room rates for each night of their stay plus an additional percentage based on daily snowfall – now through April 19. For more information, call (866) 476-0700 or visit www.vailmountainlodge.com.
- Warwick Denver Hotel is offering two special packages for meeting planners. Contact the hotel at (303) 832-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering ColoradoBiz readers 40 percent off until Mar.15. Use discount code: "cobiz40" and view our properties at: www.SummitCove.com.
- KBCO has relaunched its "I Ski with KBCO" promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com.