Only at cobizmag.com
Reduce your 2008 taxes with an IRA: SEP, traditional and Roth
Are you still looking for ways to reduce your 2008 taxes? Funding an IRA between now and April 15 is one of the few remaining methods to reduce last year’s taxable income. Here's a look at three popular IRAs to determine if a year-end contribution is right for you.
By Wayne Farlow
From the February issue
Cote’s Colorado: Speaker of the House ready for ‘legendary’ session
Over the past few years, Greenberg Traurig’s legislative preview luncheon has become an annual event, where Colorado House and Senate leaders of both parties offer an informal discussion about their priorities. This year, the law firm had one of its own on the panel: attorney and Democratic state Rep. Terrance Carroll, who was sworn in last month as the first black speaker of the House in Colorado history. See the video on ColoradoBiz TV.
By Mike Cote
The economist: Federal Reserve aims to preserve system, curb pain
What is the Federal Reserve trying to accomplish? Economist Tucker Hart Adams examines how The Fed might seek to prevent the implosion of the international financial system and lessen the depth and severity of the recession.
By Tucker Hart Adams
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on “The Road to Recovery”
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping – and succeeding – despite the downturn. Look for new installments of “The Road to Recovery” at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com, where you can watch videos about an uptick in the auto repair business, the success of a bison meat producer, the expansion of a comedy club and the growing trend for “virtual” offices.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Hot Biz Deals
- Recall a special Valentine’s Day memory for a chance to win Hotel Monaco Denver’s Sweet Suite Letters contest. The winner will receive: one night stay on Feb. 13th or 14th in a Monte Carlo Suite; complimentary valet parking; Godiva chocolates and champagne; an Aveda Spa gift basket; breakfast for two in Panzano. All entries should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 9; a winner will be notified Feb. 10. For more information or to make a reservation, call the Hotel Monaco Denver at 1-800-990-1303 or visit www.Monaco-Denver.com.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space and a choice of the following complimentary offers: cocktail reception, morning and afternoon breaks, or continental breakfast.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering Colorado Business readers 15% off until Mar.15, 2009. Use discount code: "cobiz" and view our properties at: www.summitcove.com
- KBCO has relaunched its “I Ski with KBCO” promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
- The Kevin Taylor Restaurant Group will celebrate the tenth anniversary of Restaurant Kevin Taylor by offering guests an exclusive three course prix fixe menu at $99 for two from Jan. 5 – Feb. 12. Call 303-820-2600 and ask for the anniversary menu when making reservations or visit online at www.ktrg.net.
- Monarch Ski and Snowboard area extended their value-added offer for shopping in the quaint historic community until the end of February. Spend $75 shopping, dining or at the spa and receive a free companion lift ticket for Monarch Mountain. Visit www.80829.com to find coupons for steep discounts at area stores.