In this month's issue
On management: If you’re working, you’re probably running
So how do you survive in a company that has to downsize to stay in business until business rebounds? Attitude is most important. By Pat Wiesner
Only at Cobizmag.com
Empty playgrounds: Global populations in decline
In the next sixty seconds 245 babies will be born in the world. Of these 36 will be from India and 29 will be from China. But notions that a massive wave of humanity will swamp the globe are simply wrong. Thomas Frey & Raymond Alvarez
Turning the project from hell around
By refusing bad projects set up for failure you can say yes to others that are winners. Remember the 80/20 rule: Say no to the 20 percent of projects that bring 80 percent of the headaches. By Theresa Szczurek
Employee call to action
We need strong leadership in today’s environment, but organizations will not survive or thrive on formal leadership alone. Employee contributions are essential to success.By Christine M. Riordan, PhD
Become a fan of ColoradoBiz on Facebook
ColoradoBiz is now on Facebook. Click here and login to become a fan and have ColoradoBiz news, events, videos and podcasts posted to your personal Facebook page.
Follow ColoradoBiz on Twitter
Check out ColoradoBiz's new job board for job seekers and employers.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your Playmakers or In Biz news
Attention Private Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 250 Private Companies, to be published in the October issue. Click here for the entry form.
Our most popular stories
Check out ColoradoBiz's sponsored events, community events or submit your own event.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Colorado Sustainable Design Awards
Celebrate the state's best architecture
ColoradoBiz wants to recognize statewide building projects that exemplify social, environmental and economic sustainability. The magazine is now accepting applications for the Colorado Sustainable Design Awards, a program launched in partnership with the American Institute for Architects (AIA Colorado), the Urban Land Institute (ULI Colorado) and United States Green Building Council, Colorado Chapter (USGBCC).
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com.
Hot Biz Deals
- Stay two nights and receive one night free in the gorgeous new Longs Peak Lodge in Estes Park at YMCA of the Rockies. Rates start at just $109/night and include two free buffet breakfasts per room per night. Offer available in Longs Peak Lodge between now and the end of August, excluding August 21-26. Call 800-777-9622 or visit www.ymcarockies.org for reservations.
- At The Silvertree Properties in Snowmass, Colo., rates for fall getaways are “falling” before the leaves do! Rates start as low as $69 per night at the Wildwood Lodge and $89 per night at The Silvertree Hotel. To take advantage of low airfares, great lodging packages and Colorado’s beautiful fall season call 877-748-0869 or visit http://www.stayinsnowmass.com.
- SummitCove Keystone Vacation Lodging is offering a free night in Keystone! Book any two nights and receive the third night free. Use discount code "cobiz3" when you book online, or call us at 970-368-7023 to make a reservation.
- Oktoberfest doesn’t kick off until fall, but Kimpton’s Hotel Monaco Denver is introducing a way to enjoy the great beers of Denver and the world this summer without spending a fortune. The “$122 and a Round of Brew” promotion includes deluxe accommodations, four beers at Panzano Restaurant, AM coffee and evening wine reception. Goldfish companion available upon request. Call 800-990-1303 and mention code BREW or visit http://www.monaco-denver.com and enter rate code BREW to receive this special rate.
- Experience Denver this summer all for the Mile High City price of $52.80, including the Story Trek 5-Pack, a self-guided exploration that includes two admissions to five museums - Black American West Museum, Byers-Evans House Museum, Four Mile Historic Park, Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Art and Molly Brown House Museum, (303) 832-4092. Click here to see more $52.80 deals.