Wine - Food - Travel - A&E
How a Longmont brewer is spreading the gospel of U.S. craft beer in Europe
Left Hand Brewing Company's president and co-founder Eric Wallace dreamed of exporting the company's craft beers to Europe; now Coloradoans can enjoy Left Hand Milk Stout while in Stockholm.
By Jay Dedrick
Butler's choice: Mahler, Mesa Verde & Mike Doughty
This weekend: The Four Mile Historic Park hosts its 6th Annual Corks and Cuisine fundraiser; classical music fans gather in Boulder for MahlerFest; birders flock to Cortez for the Ute Mountain Mesa Verde Birding Festival; and e-town features Soul Coughing's Mike Doughty.
By Mary Butler
Candye Kane belts the blues at the Boulder Outlook
Blues singer Candye Kane performs Wednesday at the Boulder Outlook; Boulder singer-songwriter Gregory Allen Isakov performs at the Fox Theatre on Friday; plus new music reviews.
By Mike Cote
Smashburger undaunted by crowded field
You might think the world needs another burger concept about like it needs a better mousetrap. But Denver-based Smashburger is undaunted; 200 franchises are set to open in the next three to five years. Watch a Smashburger being made.
By Mike Taylor
On ColoradoBiz TV
Hot Biz Deals
- Help grant a child's wish by eating at Maggiano's Little Italy restaurants in the Denver Pavilions and the Denver Tech Center. The restaurant's "Eat-A-Dish For Make-A-Wish" promotion, which runs through May 27, allows restaurant patrons to donate to the Make-A-Wish Foundation in three different ways. Visit www.maggianos.com for more details.
- Sheraton Steamboat is offering a host of summer specials, including a "Golf Til You Drop" package, with a cart and greens fees for up to 36 holes per person, from $339; for more information call (866) 716-8134 or visit www.SheratonSteamboatResort.com.
- Stay at Hotel Monaco Denver or the Sky Hotel in Aspen to take advantage of the "$109 and a Bottle of Wine" package, which includes deluxe accommodations and a bottle of wine delivered to your room. Visit www.monaco-denver.com or call (800) 990-1303; www.theskyhotel.com or 1-800-556-6087 for reservations.
- Warwick Denver Hotel is offering two special packages for meeting planners. Contact the hotel at (303) 832-0318 or email@example.com to learn more.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space.