Only at cobizmag.com
Killer executive interviews
Don’t let the economy kill your career. Here are seven helpful recommendations to consider before your next executive job interview.
By John Heckers
Eight great tips for getting the most out of your leads group
If you’re thinking of joining a leads group or if you’re already in a leads group, here’s what you can do to maximize your investment.
By Cindy Rold
From the February issue
Work in progress
As he begins his presidency, Barack Obama faces the bleakest economic landscape since the country entrusted Franklin Delano Roosevelt to rebuild the nation from the fiscal train wreck that ended the Roaring Twenties. As the Obama administration puts its economic stimulus in play, FDR’s New Deal looms large — as both a prototype and a cautionary tale.
By Eric Peterson
When Mike Shanahan got fired, the virtual water cooler got fired up. Here’s a blow-by-blow account of some reactions to Shanahan’s departure—and a look at how marketing may have influenced the decision to replace Shanahan with Josh McDaniels.
By Stewart Schley
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on “The Road to Recovery”
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping – and succeeding – despite the downturn. Look for new installments of “The Road to Recovery” at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com, where you can watch videos about an uptick in the auto repair business, the success of a bison meat producer, the expansion of a comedy club and the growing trend for “virtual” offices.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Hot Biz Deals
- Recall a special Valentine’s Day memory for a chance to win Hotel Monaco Denver’s Sweet Suite Letters contest. The winner will receive: one night stay on Feb. 13th or 14th in a Monte Carlo Suite; complimentary valet parking; Godiva chocolates and champagne; an Aveda Spa gift basket; breakfast for two in Panzano. All entries should be submitted to: email@example.com by Feb. 9; a winner will be notified Feb. 10. For more information or to make a reservation, call the Hotel Monaco Denver at 1-800-990-1303 or visit www.Monaco-Denver.com.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering Colorado Business readers 15% off until Mar.15, 2009. Use discount code: "cobiz" and view our properties at: www.summitcove.com
- KBCO has relaunched its “I Ski with KBCO” promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
- The Kevin Taylor Restaurant Group will celebrate the tenth anniversary of Restaurant Kevin Taylor by offering guests an exclusive three course prix fixe menu at $99 for two from Jan. 5 – Feb. 12. Call 303-820-2600 and ask for the anniversary menu when making reservations or visit online at www.ktrg.net.
- Monarch Ski and Snowboard area extended their value-added offer for shopping in the quaint historic community until the end of February. Spend $75 shopping, dining or at the spa and receive a free companion lift ticket for Monarch Mountain. Visit www.80829.com to find coupons for steep discounts at area stores.