Only at cobizmag.com
Financial expert Jean Chatzky to headline Choices fundraiser
On Thursday, author, journalist and financial expert Jean Chatzky will give the keynote speech at the 20th annual Choices fundraiser for the Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado. ColoradoBiz recently spoke with her about her upcoming appearance and her new book, "The Difference: How Anyone Can Prosper in Even the Toughest Times."
By Dan Ray
Recession, green movement make backyard chickens a natural
Given the current economic conditions and the emphasis on sustainability, it's no wonder backyard chickens are gaining popularity. You start vegetable gardening, and pretty soon you're thinking about how you can stimulate growth without chemical fertilizers, and before you know it, you're researching chickens, manure composting and chicken-coop building plans. To see a video of this story on Channel 7, click here.
By Mike Taylor
From the February issue
Business braces for Obama tax changes
Barack Obama was lucky enough to be elected president and unlucky enough to be elected president in the midst of a nasty economic crisis. Under normal economic conditions, record deficits and a staggering economy might engender a degree of caution about hiking deficit spending. But these are not normal times. We hope.
By David Lewis
A public broadcaster battles the recession and the evolving media world
How does a small nonprofit public broadcaster survive - and thrive - in a down economy? Here's a look at how Denver's KBDI has continued to evolve and adapt to changing times.
By Wick Rowland
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com, where you can watch videos about about raising urban chickens, an uptick in the auto repair business, the success of a bison meat producer, the expansion of a comedy club and the growing trend for "virtual" offices.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Hot Biz Deals
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space and a choice of the following complimentary offers: cocktail reception, morning and afternoon breaks, or continental breakfast.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering Colorado Business readers 15% off until Mar.15, 2009. Use discount code: "cobiz" and view our properties at: www.summitcove.com
- KBCO has relaunched its "I Ski with KBCO" promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
- The Kevin Taylor Restaurant Group will celebrate the tenth anniversary of Restaurant Kevin Taylor by offering guests an exclusive three course prix fixe menu at $99 for two from Jan. 5 - Feb. 12. Call 303-820-2600 and ask for the anniversary menu when making reservations or visit online at www.ktrg.net.
- Monarch Ski and Snowboard area extended their value-added offer for shopping in the quaint historic community until the end of February. Spend $75 shopping, dining or at the spa and receive a free companion lift ticket for Monarch Mountain. Visit www.80829.com to find coupons for steep discounts at area stores.