Only at cobizmag.com
Jeff Rundles’ Executive Wheels: 2009 Mazda5 and ’09 Mazda CX-9
Mazda has, of course, been one of the Japanese car makes that has been serving the United States market for years – more than 40 years. But it has always played kind of fourth fiddle to the likes of Honda, Toyota and perhaps even Nissan. Here’s a look at how two of Mazda’s 2009 offerings — the Mazda5 and CX-9 — stack up.
By Jeff Rundles
From the February issue
Business braces for Obama tax changes
Barack Obama was lucky enough to be elected president and unlucky enough to be elected president in the midst of a nasty economic crisis. Under normal economic conditions, record deficits and a staggering economy might engender a degree of caution about hiking deficit spending. But these are not normal times. We hope.
By David Lewis
MBA students vie for best business plan
With $5,000 in prizes up for grabs, four teams of second-year MBA students squared off in mid-January to see who could write the best business plan and present it most convincingly, as if to a panel of venture capitalists. In fact, the judges were venture capitalists.
By Mike Taylor
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on “The Road to Recovery”
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping – and succeeding – despite the downturn. Look for new installments of “The Road to Recovery” at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com, where you can watch videos about an uptick in the auto repair business, the success of a bison meat producer, the expansion of a comedy club and the growing trend for “virtual” offices.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Hot Biz Deals
- Recall a special Valentine’s Day memory for a chance to win Hotel Monaco Denver’s Sweet Suite Letters contest. The winner will receive: one night stay on Feb. 13th or 14th in a Monte Carlo Suite; complimentary valet parking; Godiva chocolates and champagne; an Aveda Spa gift basket; breakfast for two in Panzano. All entries should be submitted to: email@example.com by Feb. 9; a winner will be notified Feb. 10. For more information or to make a reservation, call the Hotel Monaco Denver at 1-800-990-1303 or visit www.Monaco-Denver.com.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space and a choice of the following complimentary offers: cocktail reception, morning and afternoon breaks, or continental breakfast.
- Get away for a long weekend! SummitCove in Keystone is offering Colorado Business readers 15% off until Mar.15, 2009. Use discount code: "cobiz" and view our properties at: www.summitcove.com
- KBCO has relaunched its “I Ski with KBCO” promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.
- The Kevin Taylor Restaurant Group will celebrate the tenth anniversary of Restaurant Kevin Taylor by offering guests an exclusive three course prix fixe menu at $99 for two from Jan. 5 – Feb. 12. Call 303-820-2600 and ask for the anniversary menu when making reservations or visit online at www.ktrg.net.
- Monarch Ski and Snowboard area extended their value-added offer for shopping in the quaint historic community until the end of February. Spend $75 shopping, dining or at the spa and receive a free companion lift ticket for Monarch Mountain. Visit www.80829.com to find coupons for steep discounts at area stores.