Only at Cobizmag.com
Entrepreneur of the year
Ernst & Young announced its Entrepreneur of the Year awards for the Rocky Mountain Region on Thursday; seven executives in industries ranging from real estate to technology were honored.
By Patricia Kaowthumrong
Setting North Star goals
There are BHAGs, aka Big, Hairy, Audacious Goals, and then there are North Star goals. Saatchi & Saatchi S CEO Adam Werbach made a compelling case for setting the latter - the more idealistic, the better - at the Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability conference in Boulder.
By Mary Butler
The business case for sustainability
Companies from Wal-Mart to DuPont are saving millions, if not billions of dollars by reducing their carbon footprints, according to Hunter Lovins, founder and president of Natural Capital Solutions, who spoke Friday at the Lifestyles of Health and Sustainability conference in Boulder.
By Mary Butler
Making the most of your remote workforce
Technology allows you to take steps -- from unifying your communications to encrypting for protection -- to make the most of your remote workforce and gain a competitive edge.
By Michael Clark
Become a fan of ColoradoBiz on Facebook
ColoradoBiz is now on Facebook. Click here and login to become a fan and have ColoradoBiz news, events, videos and podcasts posted to your personal Facebook page.
Follow ColoradoBiz on Twitter
ColoradoBiz managing editor Mike Taylor plans to subsist entirely on his Denver backyard garden this August. Follow his journey, which includes interviewing local business owners for tips and tools. Watch a video about his project; read about it here.
Attention Private Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 250 Private Companies, to be published in the September issue. Click here for the entry form.
Check out ColoradoBiz's new job board for job seekers and employers.
E-mail email@example.com to submit your Playmakers or In Biz news
Our most popular stories
Check out ColoradoBiz's sponsored events, community events or submit an event.
On ColoradoBiz TV
Wells Fargo VP CaSondra Devine on the U.S. Hispanic Chamber convention
CaSondra Devine, a vice president at Wells Fargo, oversees the company's corporate supplier diversity. Devine traveled from her Charlotte, N.C., office recently to Denver as part of preparations for the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce's national convention, which is in Denver this year, Sept. 16-19.
Colorado Sustainable Design Awards
Celebrate the state's best architecture
ColoradoBiz wants to recognize statewide building projects that exemplify social, environmental and economic sustainability. The magazine is now accepting applications for the Colorado Sustainable Design Awards, a program launched in partnership with the American Institute for Architects (AIA Colorado), the Urban Land Institute (ULI Colorado) and United States Green Building Council, Colorado Chapter (USGBCC).
Hot Biz Deals
- Maggiano's Little Italy's inaugural Great Balls of Fire meatball-cooking contest June 25 at Maggiano's Denver Pavilions will benefit four Denver-area fire stations: Station #11, Federal Heights Fire Station #40, North Metro Fire Rescue District and North Washington Fire Protection District. The winning recipe will be featured on the Maggiano's "specials" menu for one month; each time the dish is ordered, $2 will be donated to Make-A-Wish of Colorado; and the fire fighter with the winning recipe will receive $500 in Maggiano's gift certificates.
- Hotel Monaco celebrates Pride Month with its Mile High Pride package and Summer of Pride (enter "PRIDE" rate code) offers; Receive a complimentary weekend night when booking two nights and a $50 dining credit; or the package includes a bottle of wine, complimentary wine reception from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. nightly, morning coffee and tea service, a $50 dining certificate to Hamburger Mary's Bar & Grille, a cultural attractions and LGBT hot spots guide and 5 percent of room rate donated to Human Rights Campaign; rates start at $229 per night. Visit KimptonHotels.com, www.monaco-denver.com or call (800) 990-1303.
- Experience Denver this summer all for the Mile High City price of $52.80, including the Story Trek 5-Pack, a self-guided exploration that includes two admissions to five museums - Black American West Museum, Byers-Evans House Museum, Four Mile Historic Park, Kirkland Museum of Fine and Decorative Art and Molly Brown House Museum, (303) 832-4092. Click here to see more $52.80 deals.
- Capella Telluride, the newest luxury resort in Telluride, is offering family vacation packages beginning at $1,845 for a one-bedroom condominium suite for four nights, with spa credits and other discounts through Oct. 17. For more information, visit www.capellatelluride.com or call (877)-247-6688.
- Sheraton Steamboat is offering a host of summer specials, including a "Golf Til You Drop" package, with a cart and greens fees for up to 36 holes per person, from $339; for more information call (866) 716-8134 or visit www.SheratonSteamboatResort.com.
See ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com.