Broncos' Cutler-McDaniels conflict a repeat of '70s sitcom
As the Josh McDaniels-Jay Cutler conflict grows more absurd with each passing day and a resolution between the Broncos' new coach and the star QB appears less and less likely, I was reminded of one particularly hilarious "Brady Bunch" episode.
By Mike Taylor
Revive the Rocky? For $4.99 a month, you bet!
Thirty former Rocky Mountain News staffers have launched InDenverTimes.com, an online news site that promises to "revive a tradition of distinguished reporting and editing with 21st-century electronic delivery," with one little catch: a $4.99 a month subscription fee and at least 50,000 subscription pledges by April 23.
Only at Cobizmag.com
Who's getting hired right now?
Americans are educated about every important life skill except the skill of finding a job. The good news - embedded in the unfortunate news that most people can't put three English sentences together - is that people who can write well have a huge job-search advantage.
By Liz Ryan
Executive wheels: 2009 Town & Country Limited
While I can harp on Chrysler about many things, the company did basically invent the modern mini-van and still makes one that is highly competitive with anything the foreign competition can put forward.
By Jeff Rundles
From the March issue
Launching the next space age
The Space Foundation has announced "The Next Space Age" as the theme for the 25th National Space Symposium, held later this month in Colorado Springs.
Our most popular stories
Attention Women-Owned Companies
Nominate your company for ColoradoBiz magazine's annual ranking of the state's Top 100 Women-Owned Companies. Click here. The Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce and ColoradoBiz are hosting a reception for the companies that make the rankings, 5 to 6 p.m., April 30 at the Seawell Ballroom, 1101 13th St., Denver. Following the reception, the companies are invited to attend the annual Athena Award Gala at a discounted rate. For more information contact email@example.com, (303)458-0220.
On ColoradoBiz TV
See more ColoradoBiz stories on Channel 7
Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz on "The Road to Recovery"
As the economy continues to challenge businesses and consumers, KMGH Channel 7 and ColoradoBiz are collaborating on stories that explore how businesses are coping - and succeeding - despite the downturn. Look for new installments of "The Road to Recovery" at 4:30 p.m. on Thursdays, during the second half of the 4 p.m. broadcast. You can also find them online at TheDenverChannel.com.
Graham Russell of CORE on the Sustainable Opportunities Summit
Graham Russell of CORE Colorado talks about the Sustainable Opportunities Summit, which starts today and runs through Thursday at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver.
Building your brand to snag the job
Smooch Repovich Reynolds, of The Repovich-Reynolds Group, on executive recruiting, reinventing your personal career brand, and the importance of curiosity in communication.
Hot Biz Deals
- Stay at Hotel Monaco Denver to take advantage of its "Sweet Tax Relief" package including sales tax-free deluxe overnight accommodations, a tax-free meal for two Panzano and candy bar treats, too, beginning at $175 per night. Visit www.monaco-denver.com or call (800) 990-1303 for reservations April 1-30.
- Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa's Spring Snowfall Savings offer gives guests who book Sunday through Thursday a 10 percent discount on room rates for each night of their stay plus an additional percentage based on daily snowfall - now through April 19. For more information, call (866) 476-0700 or visit www.vailmountainlodge.com.
- Warwick Denver Hotel is offering two special packages for meeting planners. Contact the hotel at (303) 832-0318 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Breckenridge Hospitality: Spring rates start at $85, summer rates start at $95. Packages include free meeting space.
- KBCO has relaunched its "I Ski with KBCO" promotion. Check www.kbco.com for the latest lodging and ski deals.