Setting the Strategic Direction for the Mining Industry
The Future of Mining Americas conferences descends on Denver October 29 and 30
Future of Mining Americas conference connects the mining supply chain globally to debate the future of the industry and uncover the latest innovations and technologies leading productivity, efficiency and safety.
The event takes place October 29-30 at the Embassy Suits by Hilton Downtown Denver Convention Center, with dedicated content focused on the themes of exploration, development, management, infrastructure and leadership.
Key questions scattered throughout the schedule that will be addressed include:
- How will mining be disrupted in the next decade? How will autonomy and technology change our view of the average miner and how will this transformation unfold?
- How is the mining industry raising the bar using business ecosystems to accelerate the pace of innovation?
- How can the global mining industry collectively work toward a positive culture shift and how can mining companies prepare for the future by developing an agile talent base?
- What are the key strategies for building and maintaining relationships with governments and communities as well as the impact of stricter regulations, tightening stakeholder engagement and regional rights for the indigenous population?
- How are miners creating a new positive brand image, free of past industry stigmas? How can transparency and communication can be used as an image builder?
Speakers delivering on these topics include Mike Wunderberg, VP operational technology and innovation at Newmont Mining; Gordana Slepcey, chief operating officer at Anaconda Mining; Afzal Jessa, chief digital officer at Vale; John Mullally, vice president of corporate affairs and energy and Goldcorp; and Elena Mayer, president and CEO of Women Who Rock.
The conference is supported by partner, Newmont Mining, together sponsoring solution providers specializing in operational and digital transformation, analytics, Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, drone solutions and geospatial data collection, including Komatsu, Proudfoot, Riivos, RIEGL, senseFly, Uptake, Commit Works, Hayward Baker, Vrify Technologies and Earth AI.