A Roadmap to Denver Startup Week 2018
A smattering of sessions, a preview of panels – Where to go, who to see, lots to learn
Seven years running and Denver Startup Week is back – kicking off today and action-packed with more than 350 programs running through Friday, Sept. 28. The individual programs cover finance, technology, community building and leadership, alongside high-stakes competitions and lots of celebration as more than 20,000 people are expected to descend on the Mile High City this year.
The free community event brings together aspiring entrepreneurs, successful startup founders, business and civic leaders for educational sessions, socializing and motivation.
Daily programs will be broken into six tracks:
There are also several topics and specific and localized industry clusters from cannabis to health-tech to blockchain.
As part of a larger partnership with DSW, Colorado State University will host 10 sessions at CSU Denver Center, and lead six expert sessions throughout the week showcasing innovation in coordination with industry partnerships. What's more: Journalism students from CSU will venture to Denver each of the five days in a partnership with ColoradoBiz, giving young, hopeful media professionals the chance to strut their stuff, pitch their story ideas and publish their work with us. We will be set up at Denver Startup Week's Basecamp at The Commons on Champa.
From Monday's kick-off breakfast to the opening night party, startup crawl, job fair and showcase, each aspect of Denver Startup Week is geared to help entrepreneurs and startups excel.
The week includes presentations, pitch competitions, panels, workshops, happy hours, social events, job fairs and more.
Here are our recommendations for must-see sessions all week long:
MONDAY – 9/24
- 8 a.m. | Mile High Hustle, The Denver Startup Week Podcast
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | VC vs. Bootstrap
- 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | Global Visitors Welcome Reception
- 12 p.m. – 7 p.m. | Blockchain HUB, presented by SALT
TUESDAY – 9/25
- 8 a.m. – 9 a.m. – Space: Denver's Next Frontier
- 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. What Can Colorado Startups Learn from Israel?
- 12: 30 p.m. – 3 p.m. | MillerCoors Business & Beer Presents: Daymond John
WEDNESDAY – 9/26
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. | The Role of Rural in Cultivating a Healthy Statewide Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. | WTF! Women and Funding
- 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. | A Smart Story that Starts with Your Socks
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. | The 50-Year Plan – Creating a Timeless Cannabis Brand Identity and Strategy
THURSDAY – 9/27
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | Denver ScaleUp Network
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m. Meet the 2018 Denver Gazelles
- 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. | DSW Pitch Challenge Finals, Sponsored by Project X-ITE & The Cable Center
FRIDAY – 9/28
- 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | 6 Hacks to Make LinkedIn Marketing Your Secret Weapon
- 12 p.m. | Keepin' it Rural in Lamar, CO
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. | The Power of the Little Guy: Micro Influencers are Small but Mighty