Using Video in Email Marketing Campaigns: Best Practices and Benefits
Incorporating video in email marketing campaigns can lead to increased engagement, higher conversion rates and improved brand awareness.
Email marketing campaigns have been a staple in the world of digital marketing for years, and for good reason. However, as consumers become more visually driven, it’s important to consider new ways to engage with your audience. That’s where video marketing comes in.
READ: Is B2B Email Marketing Dead?
By combining email and video marketing, businesses can create compelling content that captures attention and drives results. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of using video in email marketing campaigns as well as some best practices for implementation
Benefits of using video in email marketing campaigns
There are numerous benefits to using video in email marketing campaigns.
First and foremost, it can lead to increased click-through rates as video content is more likely to capture the attention of your audience. Video content can also improve engagement and open rates by providing a more dynamic and engaging experience.
Moreover, videos have been shown to drive better conversion rates by showcasing products or services in a more visually appealing and informative manner. Finally, video can lead to improved brand awareness and recall as it is more likely to be shared and remembered by your audience.
Best practices for including video in emails
While including video in email marketing campaigns can be highly effective, it’s important to follow some best practices to ensure that the video is engaging and resonates with your audience.
Keep the video short and sweet
Ideally, it should be just under a minute long to avoid losing the attention of the viewer.
Use attention-grabbing headlines and thumbnails
This will pique the interest of your audience and encourage them to watch the video.
Incorporate a clear call-to-action
This should direct the viewer to take the desired action, such as visiting a landing page or making a purchase.
Optimize the video for mobile viewing
The majority of people access their email on mobile devices.
Personalize the video to the recipient whenever possible
This will increase engagement and create a more meaningful connection with your audience. You can also encourage the viewer to share the video on their social media, improving your social media reach and benefiting your business in a variety of ways.
READ: 12 Ways to Repurpose Social Media Content for Email Marketing
By following these best practices, businesses can create effective video content that enhances their email marketing campaigns.
When should I include video in my email marketing?
Using video in email marketing campaigns can be highly effective when used strategically. Knowing when to include video can help businesses maximize the impact of their campaigns. Here’s a few tips:
- Welcome emails can benefit from a video introduction to the brand and its products or services.
- Product launches can be accompanied by videos that showcase the features and benefits of the new product.
- Customer testimonials can be more impactful when presented in video form.
- Event invitations can be enhanced by a video that highlights the event and encourages attendance.
- Company updates such as new hires or major company announcements can be shared in video form to make the content more engaging and memorable. The common denominator in all these scenarios is that the addition of video will enhance the consumer experience, and provide information that text or static photos would not have conveyed.
Some do’s and don’ts
Knowing when to include videos in your emails isn’t the only strategic consideration. To maximize the impact of using video in email marketing campaigns, it’s important to follow some do’s and don’ts.
- Make sure the video looks and sounds professional. Whether that entails hiring a video production service or recruiting a videographer for your team, you don’t want a poor-quality video.
- Embed the video directly in the email to ensure it is easily accessible for the viewer.
- Don’t include too many videos in one email as it can be overwhelming and lead to decreased engagement.
- Don’t autoplay the video, as it can be disruptive and annoying for the viewer.
- Include a clear call-to-action that directs the viewer to take the desired action, such as visiting a landing page or making a purchase.
By following these best practices, businesses can create more effective video content and drive better results from their email marketing campaigns.
READ: How to create great email newsletters
The bottom line
Incorporating video in email marketing campaigns can lead to increased engagement, higher conversion rates, and improved brand awareness. By following best practices and using the right tools, businesses can create effective video emails for a variety of purposes. It’s important for businesses to consider incorporating video in their email marketing campaigns and to experiment with different strategies to see what works best for their audience.