ColoradoBiz Contributor Guidelines
Article submission guidelines for ColoradoBiz.com
Want to Write for ColoradoBiz?
Wondering if you have what it takes to be a contributor with ColoradoBiz?
We’re always looking for established business bloggers, industry leaders, professionals and experts who are willing to share their insights and experience with our audience. Whether you want to contribute weekly, bi-monthly or less frequently, we are always interested in finding new voices to fill the pages of our digital edition. The opportunity presents powerful exposure and authority positioning – a platform upon which you can share your message and establish yourself.
ColoradoBiz readers are decision-makers, executives, entrepreneurs and contributors to the local economy interested in:
- BUSINESS INSIGHTS
- Management + Leadership
- Sales + Marketing
- Work + Life Balance
- INDUSTRY + COMMUNITY TRENDS
- Economy + Politics
- Real Estate
- C-suite Insights
- People on the Move
- Top Companies
- Companies to Watch
- Private Companies
- Company Perspectives
- Community News
- Made in Colorado
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Well-written, high-quality, original and exclusive content on lifestyle, personal finance, stock market, technology and business broadly – innovation, strategy, career development, creativity and productivity. We’re looking for actionable information and practical inspiration.
- A tone that is appropriate for ColoradoBiz. Written by a person, not a PR department.
- If you plan to re-purpose content, we ask that you re-write it for us.
- Content that is free of blatant self- or product-promotion – Ideally written in the third-person; think op-ed, not content marketing.
- New ideas that advance conversations around topics and trends that engage our readers
- Lively, polished writing that balances research or news with memorable, relevant anecdotes or examples to help illustrate your point of view.
- Please keep posts between 350 and 800 words.
- Use your expertise to interpret a recent trend or news event
- Offer a solution to a common concern or problem
- Share a personal experience that is of value or interest to a Colorado-based business audience
- Avoid dense jargon and abstract, blanket assertions
- Our editors reserve the right to edit and adapt your column or guest blog, including headlines, copy, images, hyperlinks and format/flow issues to maximize the reader experience and optimize the content’s search rankings.
- You are responsible for your own fact-checking.
- Write with the reader in mind: Start with a brief hook, then organize the rest of your story in chunks. Assume the reader is busy and has a short-attention span – Short paragraphs with headers is ideal.
- Avoid advice that comes across as obvious
IS THIS A PAID OPPORTUNITY?
No, but it’s a chance to promote your expertise, your blog/website. Columns and blogs are accompanied by a byline with your name, bio and a link back to your blog or website.
HOW DO YOU SUBMIT?
Please submit content as a word document or Google Doc and email to Digital Editor, Kasey Harvey, along with a brief bio and headshot.
Deadlines are rolling – unless intended to be timely or run alongside an event – so submit as appropriate.
WHEN WILL MY COLUMN APPEAR ON COLORADOBIZ.COM?
If accepted, your column will be posted on our Home Page and featured in our eNewsletter, ColoradoBiz Daily within days or weeks of submission, often sooner.