Drivers are in demand
If you’re among the thousands looking for work, a commercial driver’s license could be your ticket to employment
If you’re among the thousands looking for work or going stir-crazy at home–or both–a commercial driver’s license could be your ticket to employment AND sanity.
The job of commercial driver, with a median advertised annual salary of $70,016, led all job postings in Colorado in the last week of July, according to the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment, based on data from the labor-market advisory firm Economic Modeling Specialists Inc.
For more Colorado employment information, visit www.colorado.gov/cdle/.
Here are the top 10 most-posted job openings and median advertised salaries compiled by EMSI for the work week ending July 31:
- Drivers with a commercial license – $70,016
- Registered nurses – $74,112
- Unclassified – $38,528
- Software engineers – $100,608
- Truck drivers – $70,016
- Retail sales associates – $33,408
- Customer service representatives – $33,408
- Delivery drivers – $40,832
- Sales representatives – $60,032
- Sales managers – $46,720